Thursday, April 9, 2020

CCR question #1 Draft

1. How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?
   
My product represents social groups through the pictures that are shown throughout the magazine. The pictures I included in my magazine are pictures of middle-lower class homes. In most modern home magazines,  pictures that are used throughout the magazine are for upper-classes. For example, In some of the research I had done for the magazine, most of the demographics of social class was for the middle to upper classes. In the magazine House Beautiful, The HHI with $100,000+ is 2,712,000 people. The average HHI for America is $75,000. With a number of people who are in the upper class viewing the magazine, they are going to continue to target their audiences in the upper class. Ive noticed that the houses and decor displayed in these magazine are expensive and not everyone is able to afford it. With my magazine, I wanted to target the middle income class and market towards affordable homes. With having average homes displayed in my magazine, the demographics for a middle income class are going to be the highest number. In Sarasota specifically, there are very distinct different places that represent the incomes. For example, houses that are located on or near the beach are far more expensive compared to the houses that are located more inland. The houses that I used for my magazine are located inland of sarasota. The houses that I have chosen to display in the magazine are average houses in florida for the middle income class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final submission

Something that I changed from my third quarter submission was my table of contents. As I looked at the table of contents of other ...