Thursday, February 6, 2020

Elle Decor-audience engagement research

Elle Decor markets their product through social media. They have an Instagram with a following of 3.5 Million.  On their Instagram, they post photos that can be seen in the magazine. The captions for these photos are advertising what the picture is and what issue you can hear the whole story in. Also in the bio of the profile, it will bring you to their website. People can subscribe to the website and pay an annual subscription fee in order to receive the magazine. Similar to their Instagram feed, they have  a list of pictures that are from an issue. In the caption of the pictures, you can see what issue the pictures are from. Not only do they promote the latest issue, but are constantly promoting any of the issues by having pictures from all of the old issues.
Similar to my demographics, there is a larger female than male viewer. The median age was 45.8. The age range was 25-54, which was similar to mine. Although they had the lowest age of around 25, the majority of people (71%) was 35+. This demographic characteristics had a higher income with an above average income of 150,000. This is above what I had set for my income level average, meaning that this magazine is probably more high end than some others. 
I think that a way that I would market would be similar to them. I would give snipets of the magazine to show people that they would be interested. I would also try and promote all of my platforms using each other. For example, putting the link to my magazine in my Instagram bio. I think this is a way where your name for your magazine is spread around more and people can hear about it more than it just being on the shelves. Having a website is also beneficial because you can get more people who do not want to go to the market just to find the issue. Having the website brings in more income than if it was just on the stands at a magazine shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final submission

Something that I changed from my third quarter submission was my table of contents. As I looked at the table of contents of other ...